Systems Operations Analyst
The Systems Operations Analyst’s role is to support the RS2 SP operation’s functions by engaging with the Production team, analysing malfunctions, providing timely solutions and ensuring that the system is fully operational at all times. Systems Operations Analyst’s will engage with customers to assist with the timely and effective resolution of presented issues and to answer any queries that may arise.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Resolves operational issues within the defined schedules and service level agreements.
- Analyses root causes of operational issues, application error / incidents and provides resolutions in terms of setup / configuration.
- Contributes to the enhancement of testing routines
- Keeps abreast with the operational flows in order to get a wider understanding of the issue severity and priority
- Assists the wider Operations team by knowledge sharing and ensures knowledge growth within the team.
- Addresses escalated issues, attends to client meetings as required and follows-up on outstanding issues.
- Assists in the design of preventive measures and documents issue resolution procedures.
- Challenges standing procedures to maintain a lean resolution process and recommends process improvements to ensure operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Works closely with the Customer Service Team for the initial triaging of the reported incidents, while setting up respective process guidelines and building synergies between both teams.
- Develops support plans to prioritize and resolve issues.
- Collaborates in the issue tracking and provides feedback internally and to client as required
- Addresses customer issues in line with the established SLAs.
- Manages tickets using JIRA
- Maintains daily Log Work of operational issues and maintenance activities
- Actively compiles the required documentation in order to support the operations
- Participates in 24*7 roster as required
- Available to work on shift basis, should this be required by the company
- Performs any other duties which may be assigned from time to time
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent. Any other qualification relevant to this role will be considered.
- 1 year working experience in a similar environment
- Proficient in ORACLE and SQL scripting
- Good command of Windows file management system
- Competence in using Microsoft Office and business software
- Solid command of English language
- Risk and Security aware
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; able to handle shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Highly organized with close attention to detail
- Working experience on automated backoffice processes is highly desirable
- Familiarity with processing environments, ideally in card operations, will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work with Regular Expressions (Regex) is highly desirable
- Good command of Microsoft Excel
If you are interested in this post or require any additional information, kindly contact HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Deadline for application is: Sunday 14 June 2020. IMPORTANT: When applying for this vacancy kindly include vacancy code SP-420 in the e-mail subject.