Systems Engineer – Malta Office
Who We Are
RS2 Software is a publicly listed payment software and processing company serving major banks, payment service providers and other financial institutions all over the world. It is the transaction processing power behind some of the world’s most innovative and fastest growing Payments companies and is currently deployed in 35 Countries all around the world.
About the Job
To assist the Systems Engineer team and collaborate in the Technical Services department. Be responsible of the deployment of the various BankWORKS components and third party tools mainly web and application servers on all in-house customer staging system environments. Learn about continuous delivery and deployment, automation, pipelining and build technologies while assisting in the adoption of AWS cloud services. To install and maintain dockerized environments as part of the continuous deployment process.
- Manage system configurations including installation, testing, maintenance and upgrades of production and testing systems both on private and public (Amazon AWS) clouds
- Ensure that all in-house customer staging environments are updated as required by the Project Management and Development Teams
- Develop continuous delivery and deployment, automation, pipelining and build technologies
- Assist in carrying out regular exercises to optimize application performance
- Show interest in the monitoring of systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime according to SLAs
- Install and test new versions of third party products and keep up-to-date with the latest releases
- Assist in the adoption of public cloud services at RS2
- Install and maintain dockerized environments as part of the continuous deployment process
- Keep oneself updated with security features and install and test these features in accordance with the Payment Card Industry standards
- Contribute to the research and planning of scalable systems
- Collaborate with and show interest in Systems / Network Administration and Systems Deployment
- To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout
- Be in possession of a degree in computing or a similar recognised qualification.
- Preferably be in possession of an Amazon AWS certification
- Be familiar with the use of tools that enable the selective access to information held within a database (e.g. SQL)
- Have some experience in the installation of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments
- Be familiar with the use of automation tools and dockerized environments
- Have an understanding of scripting, IT infrastructures and IS applications
- Preferably be familiar with the use of project tracking systems and teams collaboration software
- Possess good communication skills, able to perform under pressure and have the ability to deal with and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Have strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience. Please send a detailed CV via email to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.