Systems Administrator – US Office
Location : Denver
Basis : Full- Time
We are currently seeking to fill a Systems Administrator position in our Denver location.
The Ideal candidate must be an experienced System Administrator with experience in cabling, connectivity, installation, upgrades, and maintenance of standard hardware, software, network and peripherals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support on the installation, configuration, upgrades, maintenance, cabling and connectivity, as well as repairing and replacing standard hardware, software, network and peripherals in an effective and timely manner.
- Patch and update all software and keep up-to-date with the latest releases and related features.
- Install, maintain and support production, DR, testing and development data centres and networks in line with PA-DSS / PCI Standards.
- Administer secure links with public key encryption for VPN’s and to provide monitoring and primary intervention for information technology related to security and incidents and violations.
- Update and improve hardware, software and processes documentation.
- To provide first, second and third line support and assistance to internal users.
- Monitor, act upon and update System Administration projects and tasks using the company’s issue tracking software.
- Execute regular database backups in accordance with the organisation’s backup and disaster recovery plans and implement recovery procedures when necessary.
- Contribute in meeting defined SLAs in reliability, availability and serviceability both for internal and external customers.
- Install, administer and maintain a Citrix environment for business mobility.
- Liaise with software, hardware and cloud providers to configure/upgrade and provision technical services.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Technical Services Department to support systems deployment on private and public cloud.
- Contribute in the research and planning of scalable systems.
- Show interest in databases and software implementation and collaborate with the respective teams.
- To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- To perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Preferably in possession of a university degree in computing and / or any of the popular systems/network administration certifications.
- Proficient in Systems Administration with at least five years’ experience.
- Experience in the installation and administration of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
- A broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and IS applications including methods and techniques of business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Preferably be familiar with JIRA issue and project tracking systems and Confluence team collaboration software.
- Perform under pressure and be willing to work long hours and be on-call.
- Possess good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally inside and outside the US for short periods of time.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience that includes medical insurance. Please send a detailed CV quoting the respective reference number via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.