Systems Administrator – Malta Office
Who We Are
RS2 Software is a publicly listed payment software and processing company serving major banks, payment service providers and other financial institutions all over the world. It is the transaction processing power behind some of the world’s most innovative and fastest growing Payments companies and is currently deployed in 35 Countries all around the world.
About the Job
The systems Administrator is responsible to provide technical support on the installation, configuration, upgrades, maintenance, cabling and connectivity of our premises, private cloud and public cloud infrastructure. Configure firewall appliances, software, user privileges and VPNs for security. To monitor and enhance performance of all infrastructure including VOIP phones and VC. Maintain all environments with patches and updates. Provide efficient support to all users. Design and document systems with focus on business continuity. To maintain and administer a Citrix environment. Liaise with hardware and software suppliers.
- Provide technical support on the installation, configuration, upgrades, maintenance, cabling and connectivity, as well as repairing and replacing standard hardware, software, network and peripherals in an effective and timely manner.
- Install, maintain and support production, DR, and testing data centres and networks in line with PA-DSS / PCI Standards on both private cloud and Amazon AWS infrastructure.
- Manage network security tools, e.g., firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems.
- Identify, troubleshoot, solve and document network connectivity and performance issues.
- Install and support VOIP telephones and other networked telecommunication devices.
- Patch and update all software and keep up-to-date with the latest releases and related features.
- Install, configure and maintain network hardware, for example, UTMs and switches.
- Regulate user access to sensitive files to protect against internal security breaches.
- Administer secure links with public key encryption for VPN’s and to provide monitoring and primary intervention for information technology related to security and incidents and violations.
- Update and improve hardware, software and processes documentation.
- To provide first, second and third line support and assistance to internal users.
- Monitor, act upon and update Sysadmin projects and tasks using the company’s issue tracking software.
- Execute regular backups in accordance with the organisation’s backup and disaster recovery plans and implement recovery procedures when necessary.
- Contribute in meeting defined SLAs in reliability, availability and serviceability both for internal and external customers.
- Install, administer and maintain a Citrix environment for business mobility.
- Liaise with software, hardware and cloud providers to configure/upgrade and provision technical services.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Technical Services Department to support systems deployment on private and public cloud.
- Contribute in the research and planning of scalable systems.
- Show interest in databases and software implementation and collaborate with the respective teams.
- To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- Preferably in possession of a university degree in computing and / or any of the popular systems/network administration certifications.
- Proficient in Systems Administration with at least five years’ experience.
- Experience in the installation and administration of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
- A broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and IS applications including methods and techniques of business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Preferably be in possession of an Amazon AWS certification.
- Preferably be familiar with JIRA issue and project tracking systems and Confluence team collaboration software.
- Perform under pressure and be willing to work long hours and be on-call.
- Possess good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives.
- A broad knowledge in Networking, Sub netting TCP/IP addressing and VLANs
- A broad knowledge in Network security and IPSEC VPNs
- Good knowledge of Active Directory
The following desirable certifications will be considered an asset:
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- RHCSA Redhat certified system administrator
- RHCE (Redhat certified engineer)
- LPI (Linux Professional Institute) certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Citrix certified associate
- AWS Certified (Amazon web services)
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience. Please send a detailed CV via email to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.