Security Operations Officer – Malta Office
Location : Malta
Basis : Full- Time
We are seeking a career-minded individual for the position of Security Operations Officer, with a passion for DevOps, reporting to the Information Security Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for building, maintaining and driving the RS2 security operations platform to the next level. You will also be assisting with vulnerability assessments and penetration tests, hardening systems to certain standards and pinpointing any potential weaknesses, identifying systems and applications that are missing security patches and raising security awareness throughout the organisation.
This position calls for an individual who is passionate about networks and operating systems, along with DevOps and automation – we love turning logs and other “would-be-useless” text into meaningful and actionable data.
The ideal candidate will…
- Have an excellent understanding of networking protocols and encryption methodologies (Can you identify weak TLS? Familiar with the latest security technologies and cipher suites? (DNSSEC, HSTS, CSP, HPKP, CHACHA), what about IPv6?)
- Be familiar with native Operating System and software logging mechanisms (Are you familiar with auditd rules and configuration? What about SELinux policies, Web application firewalls, IPtables and windows audit logging?)
- Have experience with webserver setup and configuration, and API endpoints (Love nginx? so do we.)
- Have excellent knowledge of scripting in one or more of the following languages – Bash, Python, Go, Powershell
- Be able to interact confidently and securely with REST APIs
- Be familiar with software rollout, updates and automation (Ansible? Chef? Salt stack? Puppet? Maybe GPO’s? Excellent)
- Be familiar with the (entire) elastic stack
- Knowledge of packages like OSQuery, Kolide, OSSEC/Wazuh
- Hold experience of development with Slack APIs
- Be Confident with offensive security tools and performing red team exercises
- Hold an understanding of security related networking hardware (Nextgen Firewalls, Proxies).
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience that includes medical insurance. Please send a detailed CV via email to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.