Legal and Compliance Officer
Location : Germany
Basis : Full- Time
With more than 30 years of experience that has built our reputation, RS2 has become a market leader in the payments software world. The Legal and Compliance Officer will be responsible for all Legal and Compliance related matters including Data Protection. The chosen candidate will assume primary responsibility for RS2 Financial Services GmbH, but will also support RS2 group. The role incorporates tasks falling under the responsibility of Data Protection Officer, for both RS2 Financial Services as well as the group.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide legal support and advice to management on relevant legal issues
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations, data protection requirements and other formalities
- Draft legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements etc.
- Handle litigation
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
- Coordination and steering of external legal support
- Pro-active development and enhancement of legal, compliance and data protection related policies, procedures and processes
- Development and delivery of training in the areas of Compliance and Data Protection
- Communication and interaction with regulator (Bafin)
- MA in Law
- Hold three to five years’ experience as a Legal Counsel, preferably in financial services or banking
- Display a high degree of verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Arbitration and mediation skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in German.
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience that includes medical insurance. Please send a detailed CV & covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.