Junior Systems Engineer – Malta Office
Location : Malta
Basis : Full- Time
With more than 30 years of experience that has built our reputation, RS2 has become a market leader in the payments software world. Our expansion plans require that we recruit a Junior System Engineer to join the System Engineers team within the Technical Services Department.
As a Junior System Engineer you will be responsible of the deployment of the various Bankworks components and third party tools, mainly web and application servers on all in-house customer staging system environments. You will also learn to assist in the building and maintenance of secure data capture using Elastic Stack and to build visualization dashboards in real time. You will also learn about continuous delivery and deployment, automation, pipelining and build technologies while assisting in the adoption of AWS and Azure cloud services. You will also be assisting system engineers in installing and maintaining dockerized environments as part of the continuous deployment process.
The ideal candidate will…
- be in possession of a degree in computing or a similar recognised qualification
- have knowledge of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments
- have some experience in the use of dockerized environments
- have some experience or willing to learn Elastic Stack, specifically Elasticsearch, Beats and Kibana
- be familiar with the use of tools that enable the selective access to information held within a database (e.g. SQL)
- have an understanding of scripting, IT infrastructures and IS applications
- willing to use project tracking systems and teams collaboration software like JIRA and Confluence.
- possess good communication skills, able to perform under pressure and have the ability to deal with and solve problems quickly and accurately.
- have Strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives
- fluency in written and spoken English
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience that includes medical insurance. Please send a detailed CV quoting the respective reference number via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.