Who We Are
RS2 Software is a publicly listed payment software and processing company serving major banks, payment service providers and other financial institutions all over the world. It is the transaction processing power behind some of the world’s most innovative and fastest growing Payments companies and is currently deployed in 35 Countries all around the world.
About the Job
We are looking for an experience Oracle Database Administrator to join our Technical Services team to support both new and existing projects. As an Oracle DBA your typical duties will include managing oracle database configurations including installation, testing, maintenance and upgrades; carrying out regular exercises to optimize the databases’ performance that supports the company’s applications; ensuring that all in-house customer database staging systems are updated; proactively monitor the production database systems; keeping up-to-date with the latest releases and related features.
- Manage Oracle database configurations including installation, testing, maintenance and upgrades on premise, AWS and Azure deployments
- Optimize the databases’ performance that supports the company’s applications
- Write scripts to automate day-to-day tasks
- Efficiently troubleshoot performance issues and give recommendations for their resolution
- Ensure that all in-house staging systems are kept up-to-date using popular import and export techniques
- Plan and execute regular database backups in accordance with the organisation’s disaster recovery plans and implement recovery procedures when necessary
- Proactively monitor and patch the production database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime according to SLAs
- Install and test new versions of database products and keep up-to-date with the latest releases and related features
- Keep updated with database security features including encryption and key management techniques, in accordance with the Payment Card Industry standards
- Work out and plan system capacity based on the end-user volumes
- Perform database benchmark, stress and performance exercises
- Contribute in the research and planning of scalable database systems.
- Preferably in possession of a university degree in computing and / or an Oracle certified certification
- Proficient in Oracle Database Administration with at least three years’ experience
- Preferably in possession of an Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure certification
- Familiar with the use of tools that enable the selective access to information held within a database (e.g. SQL)
- Experience in the installation and administration of database installations on Unix/Linux and also Microsoft Windows environments
- A broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and IS applications including methods and techniques of business continuity and disaster recovery
- Preferably be familiar with JIRA issue and project tracking systems and Confluence team collaboration software
- Perform under pressure and potentially contribute to the team’s 247 on-call service
- Possess good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience. Please send a detailed CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.