Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Malta Office
Location : Malta
Basis : Full- Time
With more than 30 years of experience that has built our reputation, RS2 has become a market leader in the payments software world. In view of the company’s increased obligations, more so with the ushering in of the GDPR regulation, RS2 is seeking to recruit a Data Protection Officer (DPO). The chosen applicant needs to hold relevant experience, and making sure that any GDPR requirements are fulfilled, more so when it comes to any processing activities relating to personal data.
The ideal candidate will:
- Give their seasoned take on any matters pertinent to the processing of personal data, more so seeing that obligations resulting to any provisions of the GDPR and pertinent local laws and regulations are met;
- Keep abreast of any updates to the GDPR regulations, and other such related regulations, while ensuring that internal Data Protection Policy conforms;
- Identify any shortfalls in the current procedures, and making recommendations in order to address such weaknesses;
- Owning, potentially delivering, training pertinent to such area to all RS2 and RS2SP staff involved in the processing of personal data;
- Tabling and updating any documents outlining the company’s compliance to any such regulations;
- Maintenance of the said documents, while ensuring that these are kept updated;
- Take the role of point of contact with the pertinent supervisory authority on any such issues;
- Consult with the said authority/ies on any matters of data protection;
- Roll out processes and procedures to facilitate reporting of any personal data breaches and see that relevant stakeholders are kept abreast;
- Devise a way forward on compliant means of gathering personal data, while being involved in all stages relating to protection of personal data;
- Point of reference on Data Privacy Impact Assessment (DPIA) issues, and monitor its performance.
- Experience in a similar role is preferable;
- Holds a University Degree in Law or in a Data Protection related subject;
- Well versed with Data Protection (DP) legislation, particularly GDPR;
- Ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive issues and information;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English.
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience that includes medical insurance. Please send a detailed CV & covering letter via email to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.