Senior Backend Software Developer
RS2 offers secure payment services, payments software and managed services to clients in over 35 countries. The company upholds the highest industry standards and RS2’s in-house designed payments solution is a software of choice by many of the world’s leading and most innovative banks and financial institutions.
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our Technical Team to support both new and existing projects. The chosen candidate will also be responsible for researching the best programming languages and frameworks to be used to fulfill the requirements while keeping performance in mind.
- Understanding business and technical requirements for new or existing projects;
- Researching which are the best programming languages, frameworks and databases to be used;
- Participating in different areas of the software development life-cycle and specialize in a range of different areas from design, development, maintenance and quality assurance of products and services;
- Keeping oneself up to date with the latest technologies;
- Incite and lead team discussions and brainstorming sessions as required;
- Mentor, guide, assist and share technical knowledge with team members as required;
- Team up in cross-functional teams working together to meet the defined objective/goal.
- A University Degree in IT or related professional qualifications;
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in software development;
- Proficiency in Java development;
- Experience with other scripting languages suck as Python or Ruby;
- Experience with working on multiple Java frameworks or have a good knowledge of the different frameworks available;
- Has experience working with microservices and APIs;
- Has experience working with RDBMS Databases (ex. Oracle SQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL) and/or NoSQL databases (ex. MongoDB, Scylla);
- Familiar with the Agile Methodology;
- Meticulous, methodical and accurate approach for the completion of tasks;
- Able to work in a team;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritize across different tasks to meet deadlines;
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
The selected candidate will be offered training by our internal training academy. Our team of experts will support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals.
Please send a detailed CV via email to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject header. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.