Internal Systems Developer
Basis: Full time
RS2 offers secure payment services, payments software and managed services to clients in over 35 countries. The company upholds the highest industry standards and RS2’s in-house designed payments solution is a software of choice by many of the world’s leading and most innovative banks and financial institutions.
The Internal Systems Developer, who will form part of the Internal Systems Team within Technical Unit, will be responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of a number of systems that are complementary to the company's mainstream product.
The role requires knowledge of what represents good software design, as well as a predisposition towards working with the latest programming languages and technologies, including established third-party suite of products that can prove sensible to the company needs.
- Analyse user business requirements created by the Project Manager or Senior Application Developer
- Design software programs and software program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools
- Conduct Unit tests of new development; correct defects and retest to ensure technical correctness and completeness of updates according to agreed standards and specifications
- Ensure a smooth and problem free installation of new / enhanced software products on clients’ existing infrastructure
- Document all code in accordance with the company’s development guidelines and agreed standards
- Document and highlight the changes performed to the software, in a technical release package including installation procedures in accordance with the company’s development guidelines and agreed standards
- Support the end-user with resolving problems and bugs related to the software products
- Support the Project Management team during acceptance testing
- Support the documentation and source code release in accordance with ESCROW agreements
- Report to the Senior Application Developer / Team Leader the evaluation and review of software development methods and tools
- Assist in ballparks estimation as requested by the Senior Application Developer / Team Leader and in accordance with the company guidelines
- Review operations of the 24x7 supports and deliver technical support when required
- Be in possession of a degree in Computer Science or a similar recognised qualification
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in Software Development
- Have good knowledge of database management systems
- Ideally have previous working experience with the Atlassian suite of products, in particular JIRA and Confluence
- Possess good communication skills, able to perform under pressure and have the ability to deal and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Have strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
The selected candidate will be offered training by our internal training academy. Our team of experts will support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals.
Please send a detailed CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject header. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.