Basis: Full time
RS2 offers secure payment services, payments software and managed services to clients in over 35 countries. The company upholds the highest industry standards and RS2’s in-house designed payments solution is a software of choice by many of the world’s leading and most innovative banks and financial institutions.
As our Group continues to grow, we are widening our finance team so that we can keep up with the exciting challenges which come with that of growing such a prestigious group. The position of Accountant is now up for grabs, whereby such person will be responsible for working hand in hand with the local team for the completion of monthly management accounts, approval of payments, and other statutory reporting such as VAT returns as well as the general upkeep of the accounting function, including assisting and reviewing the work of the accounts clerks. Another part of the role is to work hand in hand with the accounting departments of the group companies, review the respective management accounts and also be involved in the consolidation workings, as well as statutory stand alone and group consolidated Financial Statements, in accordance with IFRSs.
- Compiling of monthly revenue in line with accounting standards
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts in line with local legislation and IFRS requirements
- Preparation of Cash flows for the Group and respective companies
- Compiling intra-group recharges
- Preparation of the Financial Statements according to IFRSs
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly and annual reports
- Liaising with auditors
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Dealing with matters pertaining to the operations and other statutory matters
- Assist in other specific assignments and projects as assigned and other general accounting duties
- Have a five year minimum experience in accounting or auditing profession. Preference given to applicants who have experience at a Big Four firm
- Be in possession of an Accounting & Auditing Masters degree, ACCA qualification or the equivalent thereof
- Have advanced experience with MS office, specifically Excel and Word
- Having knowledge of major accounting software packages for both the general ledger and statutory accounting would be considered an asset
- Be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Have excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skill
- Be highly organised, proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Present a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
The selected candidate will be offered training by our internal training academy. Our team of experts will support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals.
Please send a detailed CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject header. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.