Chargeback Officer – Malta Office
Location : Malta
Basis : Full- Time
Reporting to the Operations Team Lead, as a Chargeback Officer you will ensure the efficient and effective handling of all the Issuing and Acquiring disputes together with fraud related chargebacks internally reported by the Fraud Team marked for recovery. You will also be responsible for ensuring all disputes and/or chargeback matters are dealt with in an effective and timely manner, and that all efforts are made to challenge potential loss and recover funds wherever possible.
Some of the other responsibilities that this job entails include minimizing fraud loss by identifying applicable chargeback in line with the Card Organisations Operating Rules and Regulations for both Issuing and Acquiring Disputes; Analysing all reported chargeback cases, to identify any new and emerging fraud trends and report them to the Fraud Team as applicable; Responding to all requests for information regarding disputes and chargebacks and Contest Acquiring chargeback claims wherever possible and economically viable, and ensure claims for recoveries are actively pursued.
The ideal candidate will…
- have prior experience of working in a chargeback function with good knowledge of card scheme chargeback rules and requirements
- have Industry experience in financial services, banking or e-commerce
- be proficient in the use of the Card Organisation Dispute Portals (like VROL, MC Connect etc)
- be meticulous with a high level of attention to detail and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- ideally have an understanding of the Arbitration and Compliance case filings
- be proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- be a strong team-player and pursues excellence in execution
- possess good communication skills, able to perform under pressure and have the ability to deal with and solve problems quickly and accurately.
- have strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives and fluency in written and spoken English
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience that includes medical insurance. Please send a detailed CV quoting the respective reference number via email to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.